Thursday, December 13, 2012

Carbon Monoxide News December 13, 2012 - posts updated frequently - Every day is a carbon monoxide safety education day

CO alarm standards know when you are protected

“For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882, bio link)

A good video worth viewing
Hyperbaric chamber could save lives of carbon monoxide victims
KSAT San Antonio
Detecting carbon monoxide can be as easy as installing a carbon monoxide detector. Experts agree it is the best way to stay safe. Still, every winter, due to faulty heaters and furnaces, the silent killer claims its victims. "In the U.S., there are ...

CO News links
Family survives carbon monoxide poisoning
A family of four in Quebec's Beauce region is recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning after a close call. Nicolas Gerald said he realized something was wrong when everyone in his family fell sick at the same time. The family lives in the basement of ...

SW OKC Family Becomes Sick Due To Carbon Monoxide Leak In Attic KWTV
OKLAHOMA CITY-- A southwest Oklahoma City family woke up suddenly ill Tuesday morning because of a dangerous carbon monoxide leak in their attic. Firefighters and EMSA paramedics were called out around 7 a.m. Tuesday, and had to take a teen to ...

Mason business evacuated following carbon monoxide leak
WHIO Dayton
Triangle and Kings Mill management company, 5412 Courseview Drive, was evacuated around 2:30 p.m. following reports of a carbon monoxide leak, according to Mason Fire Chief John Moore. Crews were still on the scene at 4 p.m. trying to determine the ...

Carbon monoxide kills 54 in 2012
News.Az Azerbaijan
... at a seminar on "Fire safety of health facilities". According to him, 1,402 people were taken to hospital with the diagnosis of carbon monoxide poisoning. "The majority of poisonings occur in enclosed spaces - bathrooms and kitchens," said Huseynov ...

Parents pack Finch Elementary PTA meeting after carbon monoxide scare
WGCL Atlanta
The monthly PTA meeting at Finch Elementary usually pulls in 15 to 20 people including kids. The Wednesday night meeting saw a much greater turn out with more than 100 people. Many of the parents had questions about how last week's carbon monoxide ...

Follow up
Water heater source of carbon monoxide leak
Boston Herald
An old water heater caused a carbon monoxide leak that sickened eight people at an upscale downtown spa on Saturday, according to the business. Exhale, a salon and yoga studio purchased a new boiler and installed carbon monoxide detectors before ...

CENTERPOINT ENERGY, INC. : Carbon monoxide exposure incidents increase ...
MINNEAPOLIS - December 12, 2012 - Carbon monoxide (CO) incidents increase by more than 10 percent during the winter months and is often called the silent killer. CO is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas and when inhaled, it enters the blood stream ..

The lowest U.L. 2034 carbon monoxide alarm test point is:
70 PPM to 149 PPM –
resist one hour, must alarm before 4 hours
Please read the alarm information on the package and in the instructions.

Increased education, awareness can prevent carbon monoxide poisoning
Minnesota Department of Commerce
SAINT PAUL, MN – Each year about 50,000 people visit emergency rooms in the United States for CO poisoning, and more than 500 die each year from this silent, odorless, colorless gas. As part of Winter Hazard Awareness Week (November 5-9), the Minnesota Department of Commerce warns Minnesotans of the dangers of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning and to take steps to avoid this “silent killer.”

Carbon monoxide kills, founder sends warning
Carbon Monoxide Information Website ... Carbon Monoxide Useful Links · Contact ... Get the Top ten carbon monoxide safety tips sent to your inbox:

Carbon monoxide toxicity
Emergency Medicine Ireland -
By Andy Neill

Aviators – note:
(PDF) Federal Aviation Administration warning; Carbon Monoxide: a Deadly Menace

Carbon Dioxide earth atmospheric update levels;
Current Data for Atmospheric CO2

· Heart rescue video using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)

· Please take CARBON MONOXIDE SAFETY CARE during all holiday and everyday activities.

· Carbon Monoxide Survivor
A website made by poisoning survivors that brings a view that can only come from those that know what it is like to have been poisoned - as well as live with the long term impact.

Consider low level protection for carbon monoxide and smoldering fire detection problems; don't leave anyone behind.

National Conference of State Legislatures
Carbon Monoxide Detectors State Statutes
Twenty-five U.S. states have statutes that require carbon monoxide detectors in certain residential buildings. Updated Nov. 2011
Alaska | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Florida | Georgia | Illinois | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts| Michigan | Minnesota | Montana | New Jersey | New Hampshire | New York | North Carolina | Oregon | Rhode Island | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | Wisconsin | West Virginia

Google Maps to reference the locations referenced in these Internet headlines.

American Red Cross - disaster relief

The following companies are acknowledged for their continued support of carbon monoxide safety education and this daily news blog. They may just have what you are looking for.
Fieldpiece Instruments
The Energy Conservatory
IntelliTec Colleges
CO Experts CO-Experts Model 2014 Brochure
Masimo (See the non-invasive RAD-57)
Mahugh Fire & Safety
ESCO Institute
TPI - Test Products International