CO alarm standards - When do they sound off?
American Red Cross - Disaster Relief
The storm known as Sandy has resulted in staggering losses to life, health, property and spirit. Perhaps our generosity can assist in adding aid & comfort. Bob Dwyer, CSME Carbon Monoxide Safety
CO News links
BE AWARE OF CARBON MONOXIDE DANGERS DURING POWER OUTAGES ...
The Virginia Department of Emergency Management protects the lives and property of Virginia's citizens from emergencies and disasters by coordinating the ...
Sandy Claims Another Life In Carbon Monoxide Death
Three adults and a child were taken to the hospital late Tuesday afternoon after emergency officials say a generator running in their garage, filled the home with carbon monoxide. Now emergency officials say one of the adults is dead. Emergency ... However he says fire crews have been getting several calls about generator-related health issues since the power went out. “If you`re going to use a generator, do not use it inside the building,” said Nalesnik. “Do not use it anywhere near the home or the residence where the fumes from the motor can come back into the home.”
Generator fumes send 13 Cove residents to hospital
Police Chief Jon Fontneau said up to 13 people were treated at Stamford Hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning because a power generator was being used in a basement. Hospital employees called Stamford police just after 9 a.m. Tuesday when seven ...
Carbon Monoxide Sends 3 to Shock Trauma
The Howard County Department of Fire and Rescue Services (HCDFRS) took three Howard County residents to shock trauma Tuesday morning after firefighters said the amount of carbon monoxide in a home was 30 times the normal level, according to a ...
Upper Merion woman dies of carbon monoxide poisoning, 170000 locals without ...
The Times Herald
UPPER MERION — An unidentified, 90-year-old woman apparently died from carbon monoxide poisoning in the first-floor living room of an Upper Merion condominium on Tuesday, according to Upper Merion authorities. A tree blocks Markley Street, between ...
Police Save Restaurant Worker from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning ...
Police officers on patrol at around 10:30 Monday night saved the life of an employee of Healthy Food Chinese Kitchen, 650 Main Street, when an officer on patrol found the man lying unconscious on the floor behind the front counter with the ...
Carbon monoxide alarms in new NI homes now compulsory
Carbon monoxide alarms have become a legal requirement in all new homes in Northern Ireland. The new law comes as research suggests half of the UK population mistakenly believe their household smoke alarms will alert them to the gas. The survey….. Meanwhile, safety checks carried out by the fire service in more than 22,000 homes across Merseyside in England found that fewer than one in 10 had a carbon monoxide alarm.
Carbon monoxide toxicity
Emergency Medicine Ireland - By Andy Neill
Carbon monoxide is produced whenever there is incomplete combustion of hydrocarbons. In house fires there's frequently more burning that there is oxygen so lots of CO is produced. It is thought to be the commonest cause of death in house ...
National Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week to launch in November
Carbon Monoxide Awareness, a registered charity run entirely by volunteers, will be hosting the seventh National Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week. The charity actively supports the victims of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning and also raises awareness of ...
Aviators – note:
(PDF) Federal Aviation Administration warning; Carbon Monoxide: a Deadly Menace
Carbon Dioxide earth atmospheric update levels;
Current Data for Atmospheric CO2
· Heart Rescue Now This link takes you to a very short video that is a practical demonstration on the proper usage of an AED. This video is tastefully done & demonstrates the step-by-step way one might be able to save a life.
· Please take CARBON MONOXIDE SAFETY CARE during all holiday and everyday activities.
· Carbon Monoxide Survivor
A website made by poisoning survivors that brings a view that can only come from those that know what it is like to have been poisoned - as well as live with the long term impact.
· Consider low level protection for carbon monoxide and smoldering fire detection problems; don't leave anyone behind.
National Conference of State Legislatures
Carbon Monoxide Detectors State Statutes
Twenty-five U.S. states have statutes that require carbon monoxide detectors in certain residential buildings. Updated Nov. 2011
Alaska | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Florida | Georgia | Illinois | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts| Michigan | Minnesota | Montana | New Jersey | New Hampshire | New York | North Carolina | Oregon | Rhode Island | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | Wisconsin | West Virginia
Google Maps to reference the locations referenced in these Internet headlines.
The following companies are acknowledged for their continued support of carbon monoxide safety education and this daily news blog. They may just have what you are looking for.
The Energy Conservatory
Masimo (See the non-invasive RAD-57)
Mahugh Fire & Safety
TPI - Test Products International