“There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist.”
Mark Twain (1835-1910, bio link)
CO News links; updated
Workers poisoned at farm
Delhi News Record
Two seasonal workers were taken to the hospital Wednesday after they w ere exposed to carbon monoxide. Norfolk County paramedics responded to a report of carbon monoxide poisoning at Strawberry Tyme Farms Inc. on St. Johns Road West at about 9:50 ...
Spare the Air declared for Saturday
San Francisco Chronicle
The warm weather prediction also prompted air quality officials to issue the month's first Spare the Air Alert for Saturday. Residents are asked to avoid driving their cars or using oil-based paints, gasoline-powered lawn mowers or household aerosol ...
"carbon-dioxide poisoning" - do you think they meant "carbon monoxide'?
Transit drivers treated for carbon-dioxide poisoning
Kamloops This Week
A HandyDart bus has been returned to Ford for the second time this month after two of its drivers were treated at Royal Inland Hospital for carbon-dioxide poisoning. Maribeth Burton, spokeswoman for B.C. Transit, said a male and female driver were ...
Detector, concerned neighbor save couple
Jamestown Sun By: Kari Lucin,
The beep of a carbon monoxide detector can save lives, as Josh and Jeannie Walker of Jamestown learned when their furnace pumped the poisonous gas into their rented duplex in March.
New group gangs up on carbon monoxide as heating season starts ...
The Gazette – Colorado Springs
Feeling a tad lethargic and dizzy, with a lingering headache and nausea? Don't run to the medicine cabinet. Run out of the house and head to the ER.
Ask the Inspector: Furnace inspections
Devices added to furnace vents several decades ago were intended to improve energy-efficiency, but are becoming carbon monoxide hazards. Located in the vent pipe leading away from furnaces, these thermal vent dampers have little metal fins in them that ...
Our survival depends on fighting climate change
High Country News
If we do nothing to stop carbon dioxide from going into the atmosphere, the Earth will face a future similar to that of Mars, becoming barren and lifeless. When World War II was thrust on us, we turned our economic system into a war machine as every ...
Australia joins UN-led climate coalition
"The science suggests that acting quickly to reduce short-lived climate pollutants, which are more potent than carbon dioxide, has the potential to slow down warming by 2050," Mark Dreyfus, Australia's parliamentary secretary for climate change, said ...
· Heart Rescue Now This link takes you to a very short video that is a practical demonstration on the proper usage of an AED. This video is tastefully done & demonstrates the step-by-step way one might be able to save a life.
· Please take CARBON MONOXIDE SAFETY CARE during all holiday and everyday activities.
· Carbon Monoxide Survivor
A website made by poisoning survivors that brings a view that can only come from those that know what it is like to have been poisoned - as well as live with the long term impact.
· Consider low level protection for carbon monoxide and smoldering fire detection problems; don't leave anyone behind.
National Conference of State Legislatures
Carbon Monoxide Detectors State Statutes
Twenty-five U.S. states have statutes that require carbon monoxide detectors in certain residential buildings. Updated Nov. 2011
Alaska | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Florida | Georgia | Illinois | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts| Michigan | Minnesota | Montana | New Jersey | New Hampshire | New York | North Carolina | Oregon | Rhode Island | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | Wisconsin | West Virginia
Google Maps to reference the locations referenced in these Internet headlines.
The following companies are acknowledged for their continued support of carbon monoxide safety education and this daily news blog. They may just have what you are looking for.
The Energy Conservatory
Masimo (See the non-invasive RAD-57)
Mahugh Fire & Safety
TPI - Test Products International