Saturday, January 22, 2011

January 22,2011

“As soon as there is life there is danger.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

Temperatures drop; house fires rise
Providence Eyewitness News
Carbon monoxide and smoke detectors are one of the best ways to avoid serious injury or death, but the Warwick Fire Department says all too often,…

Coroner: Baby Dies from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
LEX18 Lexington KY News
Police say a baby has died and two other children are sick after carbon monoxide somehow built up inside their family vehicle. The coroner pronounced little ...

Carbon monoxide suspected in couple's death
Chicago Tribune
A man and woman died today in their home on the Far South Side from what officials believe may be carbon monoxide poisoning, police said. ...

Madison County Family Overcome By Carbon Monoxide
Three children and two adults were overcome by carbon monoxide at their home in Meridianville. The family was using a small propane heater in the garage to ...

Close call with carbon monoxide on Clifton Avenue
Saugus Advertiser By Mike Gaffney
An automatic car starter is to blame for potentially fatal amounts of carbon monoxide found in a Clifton Avenue residence. ...

Carbon Monoxide Requirements Coming To Rock County
WISC Madison
Rock County officials are gearing up to enforce a new law requiring all homes to have carbon monoxide detectors. The new law goes into effect on Feb. ...

Daycares urged to install CO detectors
The Manitoba Child Care Association is urging parents to ask their daycare operators if carbon monoxide detectors are in place. The detectors are mandatory ...