Scroll back in time through our archives for previous CO News links.
“There is no grief like the grief that does not speak.”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882, bio link)
Eight people taken to hospital after carbon monoxide leak
... hazardous material team was called to determine the source of the leak. Brown said the most common sources of carbon monoxide leaks are furnaces and water heaters…
Passing of Carbon Monoxide Bill is Bittersweet for Monroe County ...
PA home page
…The governor will soon sign a bill requiring many buildings to have Carbon Monoxide detectors. ... Carbon Monoxide killed her brother and three of his friends…
Adult, child treated for carbon monoxide poisoning
Sioux City Journal
The two occupants of the home, an adult and a child, were experiencing flu-like symptoms, which is typical of carbon monoxide poisoning, said Sioux City Fire ...
Kilgore city hall workers back in bulding after evacuation
Workers at city hall in Kilgore are making their way back to their offices at 815 N. Kilgore St. after unstable carbon monoxide levels were detected in the building ...
Wishing for a fire safe season Ontario leads Canada in citizen CO safety
Before the end of the year, it will become law to have a carbon monoxide alarm. Carbon Monoxide is an invisible, odourless gas that can quickly turn…
Firehouse Subs heats up McFarland Fire & EMS with life-saving tools
The four gas monitors will measure any leaking gas, such as carbon monoxide, at a response site and replace the department's broken equipment… “Each truck or ambulance has a carbon monoxide detector on it that goes into the home now on every call,”…
LETTER: Town offering smoke, carbon monoxide detectors for the ...
The fire department and Board of Health will request deaf or hearing-impaired smoke and carbon monoxide detectors for town residences at no cost to home ...
The lowest U.L. 2034 & CSA 6.19 carbon monoxide alarm test point is:
- 70 PPM to 149 PPM –resist one hour, must alarm before 4 hours
Please read the alarm information on the packageand in the instructions. Know when your fire department and emergency responders begin wearing their breathing apparatus and what their civilian evacuation levels are for carbon monoxide; it may be before 70 PPM. It is for pregnant women, infants & children, the elderly and all people of vulnerable health. Bob Dwyer, CSME Carbon Monoxide Safety
Consider low level protection for carbon monoxide and smoldering fire detection problems; don't leave anyone behind.
These following links may be of some use to you:
- The World Clock - Time Zones
- Google Maps-
- Earthquake Map
- American Red Cross
- Air Quality Guide for Particle Pollution
- Heart Rescue using an (AED)
- Current Data for Atmospheric CO2
- Federal Aviation Administration CO warning
- Carbon monoxide toxicity-Emergency Medicine Ireland
- Carbon Monoxide Survivor- Views from those who have been poisoned.
- Carbon Monoxide detection- National Fire Protection Association
Minnesota Department of Commerce
Carbon monoxide kills, founder sends warning Carbonmonoxidekills.com
· Please take CARBON MONOXIDE SAFETY CARE during all holiday and everyday activities.
National Conference of State Legislatures
Carbon Monoxide Detectors State Statutes
Twenty-seven U.S. states have statutes that require carbon monoxide detectors in certain residential buildings. Updated Nov. 2011
Alaska | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Florida | Georgia | Illinois | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts| Michigan | Minnesota | Montana | New Jersey | New Hampshire | New York | North Carolina | Oregon | Rhode Island | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | Wisconsin | West Virginia
The following companies are acknowledged for their continued support of carbon monoxide safety education and this daily news blog. They may just have what you are looking for.
The Energy Conservatory
CO Experts CO-Experts Model 2014 Brochure
Masimo (See the non-invasive RAD-57)
Mahugh Fire & Safety
TPI - Test Products International