Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 30, 2011

“I guess when you turn off the main road, you have to be prepared to see some funny houses.” Stephen King

One dead two critical in Ellicott City carbon monoxide poisoning
Baltimore Sun By David Greisman,
An Ellicott City man is dead and two of his family members are in critical condition from carbon monoxide poisoning in a home that had lost power after Hurricane Irene. Won Koo Sung, 48, was pronounced dead at ...

Roswell assisted living facility evacuated for carbon monoxide fumes
Atlanta Journal Constitution By Mike Morris
A Roswell assisted living facility was evacuated overnight after an alarm warned of dangerous levels of carbon monoxide in the building. The incident happened at the Elmcroft of Roswell facility on Marietta Highway. ...

Mom, 4 children hospitalized after carbon monoxide incident
Today's TMJ4
They discovered a mother, father and children suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. "(It was) because there was a generator, a gas generator running inside the house," said Milwaukee Deputy Fire Chief Michael Romas. He explained that they were ...

Wilbraham Y evacuated because of CO
WWLP 22News
A carbon monoxide leak has closed the Scantic Valley YMCA, the Wilbraham Senior Center and the town's recreation department. Wilbraham firefighters found very high levels of carbon monoxide in a room containing a gas-fired hot water heater ...

Power outages, floods follow in wake of Irene (videos and slideshow)
The Times Herald
Public Safety Director for Montgomery County Tom Sullivan said power outages are always a concern for the department because of carbon monoxide poisoning. “Don't operate pumps, generators and grills in the house because it brings carbon monoxide ...

2 Hospitalized After Generator CO Incident
NBC Washington
A Montgomery County couple was hospitalized Monday morning after being overcome by carbon monoxide from a generator being used to provide power to their home, according to county officials. Emergency crews were called just before 9 am to the home in ...

Barbecue blamed for gas poisoning
BBC News
A family of five has been taken to hospital after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning in north Cornwall, firefighters have said. Emergency services were called to the Trevella Caravan Park at Crantock, near Newquay just after midnight. ...