Tuesday, December 27, 2011

December 27, 2011

“Major social movements eventually fade into the landscape not because they have diminished but because they have become a permanent part of our perceptions and experience.” Freda Adler (1934,) 

Carbon monoxide drives 5 from Dorchester home
Boston Herald
By Matt Stout
Five Dorchester residents were evacuated from a Charlotte Street apartment this morning after workers discovered “high levels” of poisonous carbon monoxide gas. Four adults and one child were taken to Boston Medical Center as a precaution ...

7 Sickened By Carbon Monoxide
Firefighters say considering the high levels of carbon monoxide inside, it's amazing that the family will recover. “'Safe' is having a meter, some sort of detection in your house,” said Chief Michael Knowlton of Warner Fire Department. ...

Independence Township deaths due to accidental carbon monoxide poisoning ...
The Express Times - LehighValleyLive.com
By Lynn Olanoff, Photo Stephen Flood
Warren County officials have declared the Christmas Eve deaths of two Independence Township residents who lived in this Route 46 home accidental due to carbon monoxide poisoning. ...

Several Injured After Crews Find Home Full Of Carbon Monoxide
An O'Fallon, Missouri family woke up cold and scared after learning their home was full of carbon monoxide. Engineers from the fire station said levels were so high they had to gear up with oxygen before going in. Four people were sleeping in a house ...

Agenzia Giornalistica Italia
(AGI) Bolzano - Carbon monoxide from a gas stove has caused death in Trentino as well. The victims are a young Rumenian couple. The tragedy took place in a home in Via Dante Alighieri in Castelfondo, a mountain comunity in the Non Valley on the border ...