Thursday, March 3, 2011

March 3, 2011

“The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never of any use to oneself.” Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Sac Fire: Carbon monoxide fumes send 3 to hospital
SACRAMENTO, CA - Two children and their grandmother were transported to a Sacramento hospital late Thursday afternoon after the woman reported feeling sick, very likely from carbon monoxide fumes, according to firefighters. ...

Australian Government Recognizes Carbon Monoxide Dangers

TopNews United States
Parliament passed a bill this morning to protect against carbon monoxide poisoning. It will take anywhere from eight to 12 months before the bill is operating in full force, depending on when all the states and territories have done the work to be .....and rental units that use gas-powered devices will have to be inspected two times annually.

KCK Probes Odd Carbon Monoxide Case
KMBC Kansas City
Investigators said they were trying to figure out how two students at a Kansas City, Kan., elementary school were exposed to elevated levels of carbon monoxide. The two students at Whittier Elementary School said they felt ill and tests showed that ...

Pure oxygen treats carbon-monoxide poisoning
Detroit Free Press
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that results from combustion. It is emitted by vehicle tailpipes, home furnace flues and space heaters. When piping or other parts fail, or when combustion occurs without enough ventilation, carbon monoxide ...

Carbon monoxide leak forces apartment building evacuation
OGDEN, Utah (ABC 4 News) –
Three people wound up in the hospital after a carbon monoxide leak at an Ogden apartment building. Officials say they found out about the problem at 140 28th Street around 9:30pm Tuesday after one person was taken to the ...

CO incidents on increase
StandardNet, By Scott Schwebke
OGDEN -- Four incidents within the last month involving carbon monoxide poisoning serve as a stark reminder of the importance of having working detectors to prevent serious injury and even death, Ogden's fire chief said Wednesday. ...

Many unaware of N.Y. CO detector law, BUFFALO, NY, –
Nearly half of New York state families are unaware a year-old law requires a carbon monoxide alarm in the home, a survey found. The survey, conducted in January by DecisionAnalyst on behalf of Kidde, a manufacturer of fire ...

sk-carbon-monoxide-1103Couple survives CO in home
A Prince Albert, Sask., man says he's lucky to be alive after a plugged air vent left his house filled with carbon monoxide. Orville Andres is fine now, but for about a week, he and his wife weren't feeling well. She was getting bad headaches and he ...