Friday, February 4, 2011

February 4, 2011

“Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so.”
Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

Rockland Paramedic Services receives a $44640 federal fire grant
The Journal News |
Rockland Paramedic Services has received a $44,640 federal fire grant to pay for 11 portable carbon monoxide monitors used by first responders to diagnose ...

Storm May Have Played Part in Man's CO Poisoning Death
Cleveland News - Fox 8 By Dave Nethers, Fox 8 News Reporter
The death of a 69-year-old Plain Township man is attributed to carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator on his back ...

Trooper, wife found dead
(GERMANTOWN, Ohio) - Investigators believe carbon monoxide poisoning is to blame for the deaths of an Ohio State Highway Patrol trooper and his wife. ...

Madison apartment found to have dangerous carbon monoxide levels
UW Badger Herald, By Lucas Molina
A number of Madison residents were evacuated from an east side apartment duplex Thursday after the building's carbon monoxide reading was ...

Carbon monoxide problems increase along with snowfall
Chicago Sun-Times
Within the last 24 hours, the Elgin Fire Department has seen an increase in the number of carbon monoxide incidents and detector activations because of snow ...

Family taken to hospital for CO exposure
My Fox Boston
... children using their oven to keep warm when their home heat stopped working have been taken to the hospital for possible carbon monoxide poisoning

Tragedy prompts carbon monoxide education crusade
Calgary Herald, By Eva Ferguson, Calgary Herald February 3, 2011 10:01 PM
Retired Ontario firefighter John Gignac has been a crusader for carbon monoxide detector use ever ...