Friday, February 11, 2011

February 11, 2011

Let the fear of a danger be a spur to prevent it;”
Benjamin Disraeli (1804-1881)

Empire Beauty School Evacuated, 12 Taken to Hospital
He says the school was evacuated and 12 wound up in local hospitals with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. In November, a similar incident sent some of ...

Investigation Shows Carbon Monoxide at Ice Rinks is a Common Danger ...
Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless and tasteless gas created by the combustion of carbon-based fuels. The show illustrates the dangers from the ...

Sioux City takes carbon monoxide monitoring seriously at ice centers
Recent incidents at ice rinks in Colorado and Minnesota sent some kids to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning. Sioux City has safety measures in ...

Hidden Dangers in Ice Rinks
The special investigation found that some ice rinks have high levels of carbon monoxide; the high amounts of gas are from re-surfaces that clean the ice. ...

Havre de Grace passes tough new law on carbon monoxide detectors
ABC2 News
Havre de Grace, Md. - City officials in Havre de Grace have passed a stringent new law relating to carbon monoxide detectors in residential properties. ...

Clay County Carbon Monoxide Scare
That's all it took for carbon monoxide to leak into their home. "I wouldn't even sit it on a porch. I wouldn't sit it that close to my house anymore," Judy ...

Ann Arbor City Hall closed because of high carbon monoxide levels
Larcom City Hall in Ann Arbor closed today about 3 pm due to a carbon monoxide leak, but an hour later firefighters declared the building safe. ...

Charter school in Brookside evacuated for carbon monoxide scare
Kansas City Star
Although the evacuation came about because of suspicions of a carbon monoxide leak, searches of the building didn't turn up evidence of that. ...