Friday, December 17, 2010

December 17, 2010

“Try to realize it's all within yourself no one else can make you change.”  George Harrison (1943-2001)

Family escapes carbon monoxide poisoning
(WOFL FOX 35) - A local family is thankful to be alive after lethal levels of carbon monoxide were found inside their home in Deltona. ...
COSA NOTE: This family was sick before their carbon monoxide alarm went off. You can be alerted to levels of carbon monoxide before sickness occurs.

Fire officials warn of winter carbon monoxide dangers
Ithaca Journal
The New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control have issued a safety alert advising homeowners that snow may contribute to carbon monoxide ...

New Tool Helps Fire Departments Save Lives Faster
By CBS 3 Springfield News Some Western Mass fire departments got new gadgets today to immediately see if firefighters and fire victims have carbon monoxide ...

Carbon monoxide suspected in death of four
ST. CLAIR • Four people found dead Thursday inside a home in St. Clair likely died of carbon monoxide poisoning,
COSA NOTE: All responders should wear personal carbon monoxide monitors that begin alarming no later than at 35 PPM of carbon monoxide or at levels directed by the common Authority Having Jurisdiction.

BBQs should carry poison warning: coroner
Sydney Morning Herald
Following an inquest into his death, state coroner Mary Jerram found he died of "accidental carbon monoxide poisoning" after being exposed to the fumes ...