Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November 2, 2011

“Life that only a few hours before had glowed with enthusiasm and exultation, suddenly paled and sickened.” Fritz Kreisler (1875-1962)

Becker man victim of carbon monoxide poisoning
St. Cloud Times
BECKER — A man was found unconscious early this morning from an apparent carbon monoxide poisoning. Sherburne County deputies were called at 4:20 am to a home at 13265-91st St. in Becker. Deputies found Dylan Olson, 20, unconscious and lying on the ...

Ten hospitalized from carbon monoxide
WTNH Video
Ten people in Meriden were taken to the hospital after a carbon monoxide scare early Tuesday morning.

Carbon monoxide blamed for Ore. church illnesses
The Columbian
(AP) -- A Portland fire spokesman says carbon monoxide from a furnace is to blame for the symptoms that sickened nearly a dozen people Tuesday night at a northeast Portland church. Spokesman Paul Corah says 11 of about 15 people at the Northeast ...

Lowell family overcome by carbon monoxide
LOWELL -- A 14-month-old girl, a 6-year-old boy and an elderly woman were all hospitalized after being exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide inside a Pine Street home where a generator was left running indoors on Tuesday. Police and emergency crews ...

Two die of carbon monoxide poisoning By John M. Guilfoil, Globe Staff
Two people died today after being overcome by carbon monoxide in their home in Palmer, according to the state Department of Fire Services. Fire officials said the carbon monoxide came from an “alternative heating ...

Toxic gas sickens CU employees
Springfield News-Leader Nathan Papes / News-Leader 
Springfield firefighters encountered extremely high levels of dangerous carbon monoxide gas during a fire Monday night at the John Twitty Energy Center. The toxic gas sent three CU workers to the hospital with varying degrees ...

CARBON MONOXIDE: Hockey players are evacuated from a local ice arena and two ...
Officials say they Carbon Monoxide from the Zamboni is most likely the culprit, however the incident is still under investigation. Fire and police officials say two were transported to the hospital for precautionary measures. ...

November is carbon monoxide awareness month
Nashua Telegraph
November is Carbon Monoxide Awareness Month as carbon monoxide poisoning becomes a greater risk during the heating season. DO have your fuel-burning appliances – including oil and gas furnaces, gas water heaters, gas ranges and ovens, gas dryers, ...

Merrimack inundated with calls, including for carbon monoxide
Nashua Telegraph
Calls for carbon monoxide were due to faulty detectors and to the presence of the deadly gas inside buildings. No one was transported to a hospital because of CO poisoning at least in the last 24 hours, Simpson said. CO entered buildings because ...

Carbon monoxide incident in Oakfield
WIVB OAKFIELD, NY - Oakfield Fire Chief Sean Downing says there was an incident involving carbon monoxide at a home on Forest, in the Village of Oakfield in Genesee County. The chief says when they got to the home, some residents were outside but ...