Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September 27, 2011

“The first rule of intelligent tinkering is to save all the parts.”
Paul R. Ehrlich (1932,)

Resident Treated in Carbon Monoxide Incident
Patch.com By Noah Cohen
Fire officials are reminding residents to immediately report any carbon monoxide alarms after firefighters found high levels of the deadly odorless gas in a Hastings Street home. Firefighters responded to the alarm Sunday night and traced the carbon monoxide to an oil burner malfunction, according to the Fire Department. A resident said she had been having headaches for the past of couple of days and was taken to Holy Name Medical Center for evaluation. COSA NOTE: Having an inexpensive carbon monoxide alarm can save your life. A low level carbon monoxide alarm can prevent the headache and alert you to a CO problem well before it becomes deadly and it can save your life. 

3 from Aitkin area hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning
Brainerd Daily Dispatch
Emergency personnel arrived at the home and found three people, Richard L. O'Neil, 51, Cindy L. Sutton, 51, and Mary L. Sutton, 78, suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. The victims were transported by ambulance to Riverwood Health Care Center in ...

Public entities decry carbon monoxide prosecution
Aspen Daily News by Chad Abraham, Aspen Daily News Staff Writer
The criminal case against a former government building inspector charged in the deaths of a Denver family from carbon monoxide poisoning should be dismissed, says the city of Aspen, Pitkin County, ...

Lowe's will present Louisa County with 1000 combination smoke/carbon monoxide ...
The Free Lance-Star
Representatives from Lowe's Home Improvement will deliver 1000 combination smoke detector/carbon monoxide detector units to Louisa County officials today. The Louisa County Department of Fire and EMS will distribute the detectors to homeowners who have ...

Wind Advisory Monday
Newstalk 1450 KBKW
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, invisible gas that can kill. Carbon monoxide comes from burning fuels such as gasoline, propane, oil, kerosene, natural gas, coal or wood. Carbon monoxide poisoning is preventable: Only use portable generators outdoors ...