Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Carbon Monoxide News February 13, 2013 - posts updated frequently - Every day is a carbon monoxide safety education day

Link to: CO alarm standards – know when you are protected

“Every beloved object is the center point of a paradise.”
Novalis (1772-1801, bio link)

The World Clock - Time Zones by
Google Maps perhaps, to reference locations noted in CO News headlines
American Red Cross - disaster relief

CO News Links –
Fresno officials say 2 die from carbon monoxide
San Francisco Chronicle

(AP) — Two men have died and a woman was hospitalized in critical condition after the three were found Tuesday inside a small warehouse with a generator that had been used to provide power to the building produced toxic levels of carbon monoxide, ...

Workers treated for carbon monoxide poisoning

SAN ANTONIO -- Ten construction workers were treated for inhaling carbon monoxide fumes while working at a senior living facility. It happened just before 11 a.m Tuesday at Meridian Care of Monte Vista on Russell Place near San Pedro on the north side.

Man dead; six carbon monoxide incidents in Needham during snowstorm Nemo
Wicked Local

It was one of many incidents Needham emergency responders dealt with in the midst of blizzard Nemo: unsafe levels of carbon monoxide in residential homes and an explosion on Fairfield street were among others. Neighbors found the man lying in his ...

“Many people who never used a generator before are installing them in their homes.”
Carbon monoxide dangers in the spotlight

They measured carbon monoxide levels inside Connors' house and found a gas-powered electricity generator equipped with an improvised venting system in the basement was leaking a lethal amount of carbon monoxide into the house. While generators ...

Suspected carbon monoxide poisoning sends Mendocino Coast couple to hospital
Santa Rosa Press Democrat

In the meantime, two additional firefighters donned self-contained breathing apparatuses and went inside the house near Spruce Grove Road to look for the cause of the problem, which has yet to be determined but is believed to be carbon monoxide,...

Family narrowly escapes carbon monoxide deaths over weekend
Jacksonville Daily Progress

JACKSONVILLE — A local family barely escaped death Sunday evening after a leak inside their home exposed them to deadly carbon monoxide gas for an extended period of time, city officials said. During this Sunday night incident, White said three ...

St Ives woman dies of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning
BBC News

A woman has died in a suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in west Cornwall, the county's fire service has said. Three dogs also died at the property in Bedford Road in St Ives. Firefighters were called at 08:45 GMT. Police, Cornwall Fire and Rescue ...

Who is responsible for the air you breathe?
Take control inside your homes.

The lowest U.L. 2034 & CSA 6.19 carbon monoxide alarm test point is:
70 PPM to 149 PPM –
resist one hour, must alarm before 4 hours
Please read the alarm information on the package and in the instructions.

Increased education, awareness can prevent carbon monoxide poisoning
Minnesota Department of Commerce

SAINT PAUL, MN – Each year about 50,000 people visit emergency rooms in the United States for CO poisoning, and more than 500 die each year from this silent, odorless, colorless gas. As part of Winter Hazard Awareness Week (November 5-9), the Minnesota Department of Commerce warns Minnesotans of the dangers of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning and to take steps to avoid this “silent killer.”

Carbon monoxide kills, founder sends warning

Carbon Monoxide Information Website ... Carbon Monoxide Useful Links · Contact ... Get the Top ten carbon monoxide safety tips sent to your inbox:

Carbon monoxide toxicity
Emergency Medicine Ireland
- By Andy Neill

Aviators – note:
Federal Aviation Administration warning; Carbon Monoxide: a Deadly Menace

Carbon Dioxide earth atmospheric update levels;
Current Data for Atmospheric CO2

Heart rescue video using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)

· Please take CARBON MONOXIDE SAFETY CARE during all holiday and everyday activities.

· Carbon Monoxide Survivor
A website made by poisoning survivors that brings a view that can only come from those that know what it is like to have been poisoned - as well as live with the long term impact.

Consider low level protection for carbon monoxide and smoldering fire detection problems; don't leave anyone behind.

National Conference of State Legislatures
Carbon Monoxide Detectors State Statutes

Twenty-seven U.S. states have statutes that require carbon monoxide detectors in certain residential buildings. Updated Nov. 2011
Alaska | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Florida | Georgia | Illinois | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts| Michigan | Minnesota | Montana | New Jersey | New Hampshire | New York | North Carolina | Oregon | Rhode Island | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | Wisconsin | West Virginia

The following companies are acknowledged for their continued support of carbon monoxide safety education and this daily news blog. They may just have what you are looking for.
Fieldpiece Instruments
The Energy Conservatory
IntelliTec Colleges
CO Experts CO-Experts Model 2014 Brochure
Masimo (See the non-invasive RAD-57)
Mahugh Fire & Safety
ESCO Institute
TPI - Test Products International

Note this distraction from carbon monoxide poisoning:
Bald Eagle Camera Alcoa Bald Eagle Camera, Davenport, Iowa.

A friend of mine notified me that the pair of bald eagles has returned to their nest along the Mississippi River in Davenport, Iowa. The Alcoa Company has their web cam up and running and viewing of the nest is possible during daylight hours, Central Standard Time, US. Update: UPDATE: Two eggs in the nest. The Alcoa Eagle website gives a good history of the pair and the company’s involvement with them. If you haven’t viewed this site through the hatching and growth of the eaglets, I think you may find it to be quite a live sight to see when you may have those periodic spare moments. This link will be posted on this site for those people who may wish to capture the link and watch the cycle of life of this nesting pair.

What does this have to do with carbon monoxide safety?
It is just a live web cam, perhaps a distraction from the headlines of death and injury. Please become aware of the air you breathe. Measurement is education. Measure your air accurately when measuring carbon monoxide
. Bob Dwyer, CSME Carbon Monoxide Safety