Thursday, July 28, 2011

July 28, 2011

“Common sense is in spite of, not as the result of education”.
Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

Carbon monoxide detectors available through COG grant
Pittsburgh Post Gazette By Annie Tubbs 
After Homestead Mayor Betty Esper was sickened by a carbon monoxide leak in her home last year, she decided she wanted to make others aware of the importance of having carbon monoxide detectors. …did not have a carbon monoxide detector, though her tenant's detector went off after they all felt "woozy." COSA Notes: It is a good thing there was an alarm in the building. However, people should be alerted to carbon monoxide before they feel “woozy”.

Coroner warns of gas heater dangers
Sydney Morning Herald
Consumers should be reminded of the potential dangers associated with gas heaters after a security guard died from carbon monoxide poisoning, a coroner says. NSW Deputy State Coroner Paul MacMahon said the source of the carbon monoxide (CO) was a gas ...