Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 30, 2011

“Men must live and create. Live to the point of tears.”
Albert Camus (1913-1960)

 Two defendants in monoxide deaths to be tried separately
Aspen Daily News by Chad Abraham, Aspen Daily News Staff Writer 
The two men who allegedly contributed to the carbon monoxide deaths of a Denver family in 2008 will have separate trials. Chief Deputy District Attorney Arnold Mordkin, in court papers filed Wednesday, ...

Tour bus detours passengers to hospital
Lovely County Citizen
Dear mom and dad, our trip to Eureka Springs was a gas -- Tyrone Venters was one of close to 30 people from the Pine Grove Missionary Baptist Church in Gilmer, Texas, who suffered carbon monoxide poisoning on a tour bus. Fortunately, there was a happy ...

Katie's family raises £50k to stop more tragedies
Wokingham Times By Caroline Cook 
The family of a Wokingham newlywed who was killed by carbon monoxide poisoning has raised £48000 in just a year to help spread awareness about the dangers of the gas. The tragic death of Katie Haines, of Barkham Road, has sparked an ...

C-K Fire Department pushing fire safety for RVs
Chatham Daily News
In light of two recent deaths in Sudbury from RV fires the Chatham-Kent Fire Department is reminding the public to install working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in their summer residence. "A camper is a dwelling unit. Even a trailer on wheels, ...

Grant to help with Houma fire safety
Daily Comet By Eric Heisig 
A federal grant will allow the Houma Fire Department to give out and install smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and fire extinguishers. The department was recently awarded the Fire Prevention and Safety Grant from FEMA, ...